Hanging shelves is an easy task, but you must take the necessary precautions to get it right. This can only be done if you follow these simple steps:
- Get the right tools. You don’t want to damage your shelving when trying to hang it in a disorganized manner.
- Clear out space in your room or on the floor for both shelves and hardware.
- Measure how far apart each of your shelves should be from one another and mark that spot on the wall where they are supposed to meet.
- Make sure all the holes for screws are properly drilled into studs and load supports are installed uprightly into walls, etc.
- Last but not least, measure how far apart each shelf should be from each other and your ceiling.
- Follow the instructions inside your hardware packet to assemble your hardware.
- Make sure you have a level handy to make sure all the shelves are installed right side up.
- Slowly start hanging your first piece of hardware onto the wall and continue until they are all in place.
- “Walla”, you got it right! (The only thing left is to fill that space with what you want to put on those shelves).
Remember: You get what you pay for, even when it comes to hanging shelves, so don’t skimp out on anything.
Contact Handyman Connection
Contact Handyman Connection to schedule a free home improvement estimate. Call or text your local office if you have any questions or would like to learn more about our services.
The post 9 Steps to Hang Shelves appeared first on Handyman Corporate.