You want to keep your home safe even when you’re not there. Self-installed home security products like front door monitors, security cameras and even alarm systems are becoming increasingly popular – so what products are right for your home?
3 Home Security Products & How to Choose the Right One
There’s a plethora of products to choose from when it comes to home security. A local electrical handyman can let you know the best products for your home based on independent needs and how your home is set up. Generally, here are some things you might consider:
Cameras are probably one of the first home security products that people think of. For good reason too. There are a lot of camera options to pick from, but in today’s digital world, look for mobile monitoring so you’re able to watch from your phone while you’re on the go. It’s an easy way to keep tabs on what’s going on and it can put your mind at ease.
If you’re seriously investing in home security, you’ll want to consider some sort of alarm system. There are systems that you can buy and install yourself with the help of an electrical handyman. Even without a monitoring service, alarms are another layer to help deter intruders.
Smart Home Devices
Depending on the home security system you use, this might come included. However, implementing smart home features on your own to control the lights and lock doors can be the first step to being in control of your home.
What are the benefits of battery-operated vs. wired security systems?
Some home security devices, like the Ring Peephole Cam and Simplisafe, are powered by rechargeable batteries. Others, like the Google Nest Hello or Honeywell VISTA-20P, are connected to your home’s electrical system. But which is better? There are good arguments for either side of the debate, but here are a few pros for each:
Benefits of Battery-Operated Home Security
- Easy to Install: Most battery-operated home security installations involve just a few adhesive strips and a steady hand.
- Affordable: Most battery-operated wireless systems are less costly than their wired counterparts.
- Flexible and Movable: In many cases, you can take your battery-operated home security system with you when you move.
Benefits of Wired Home Security
- Consistent Surveillance: Unlike most battery-operated cameras, which activate only when they detect motion in order to conserve energy, wired systems can offer 24/7 monitoring.
- No Battery Charging: If you don’t want to add ‘changing the security batteries’ to you regular to-dos, a wired system might be the right choice for you.
- Hacker Proof: Having devices wired to your electrical and landline system makes it much, much more difficult for hackers to infiltrate your home’s security.
Whether you prefer the convenience of the battery-operated systems, or the security of a wired system, a local electrical handyman can help you place and install the security products that are right for your home.
Still Confused? We Can Help
Regardless of what kind of security system you’re looking for, Handyman Connection can help. We’ll connect you to a professional electrical handyman in your area who can install it quickly and expertly so your family is always protected.
The post Best Products for Home Security: Things to Consider appeared first on Handyman Connection.