Whether you have a restaurant, hairdressers, offices or any other workspace with staff, clients and customers, it’s important to ensure the safety of everyone involved during the coronavirus pandemic. To do this, you will need to make sure your workplace is COVID-secure as per the Government’s advice.
Start by carrying out a Covid-19 risk assessment in line with the guidance from the Health and Safety Executive. Once you’ve assessed the risks in your workplace, you will have to rethink your workspace and make the necessary changes to guarantee everyone’s safety.
Some physical changes that can be done, include:
– Supplying hand sanitiser at entrances and exits, lifts, meeting rooms and bathrooms.
– Putting up signage reminding workers and customers of hygiene requirements.
– Installing more storage for clothes and bags of staff members.
– Replacing doors with handles with swing doors that can be open with shoulders and feet.
– Installing motion lights in rooms, including bathrooms.
– Rearranging the workspace, including entrances, break rooms, common areas, canteens and more, to encourage distancing.
– Laying down floor markings at entrances/exits and around the workspace to indicate sensible distancing.
– Installing screens and barriers to separate people from each other.
– Arranging one-way traffic through the workplace.
– Reconfiguration of work stations so that workers are sat back-to-back or side-by-side rather than face-to-face.
At the Handy Squad, our team of expert handymen, electricians, carpenters and other high-experienced tradesmen can complete these changes to help your business open safely to the public and to ensure that your workspace is a safe environment to all. Give us a call today on 0800-0-12-12-12 or fill out our booking form to make your workspace COVID-19 secure.
The post How to make your workspace safe during COVID-19 appeared first on Handy Squad Handyman London | Fast & Reliable London Handyman.