Self Build Wales Launch Event Showcases How to Build Your Own Home

Self Build Wales Launch Event Showcases How to Build Your Own Home

Aspiring self builders can learn all about building their own home at the Self Build Wales launch event this month, and discover how the scheme breaks down barriers that self builders face.

The Self Build Wales launch event on 21 March will enable budding self builders, as well as builders and architects, to speak to experts about the Self Build Wales scheme, its benefits, and how to apply.

Visitors will be guided through Self Build Wales’ four-step process, with a full breakdown of how building your own home will work under the scheme. 

The launch event will be held from 10:00am – 3:00pm on 21 March at Dylan Thomas Centre, Swansea. You can register for the event here.

What is Self Build Wales?

Self Build Wales is a groundbreaking scheme that provides self and custom builders with a complete package of financial support, and access to land with planning permission already granted

The scheme is designed to appeal to as many people as possible, including first-time buyers and growing families, and aims to provide a route for people to live in their local area, especially if they haven’t previously been able to afford to buy there. 

“We want to make self build available to many more people in Wales, not just the most privileged households,” said housing and local government minister Julie James.

Andrew Baddeley-Chappell, chief executive of the National Custom and Self Build Association (NaCSBA), said: “Self Build Wales addresses an important challenge for self builders: the ability to build when they have a limited deposit, and it adds certainty by providing plots with agreed planning permission and set prices.”

How Does Self Build Wales Work?

The core of the self build scheme is the so-called plot shop, which involves local authorities identifying plot opportunities and selling them with planning permission already in place.

The scheme is being financed by the Welsh government, with funding to be administered by the Development Bank of Wales. 

Applicants will only need to pay 25% of the cost of a plot. The remaining 75% is covered through a self build development loan issued by the Development Bank of Wales, which also covers the full cost of building the property. Repayments only need to be made once the house is completed and mortgaged.

This post first appeared on https://www.homebuilding.co.uk

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This website nor its owners are an actual service provider, this website is a referral service. When you place a phone call from this website, it will route you to a licensed, professional service provider that serves your area. For more information refer to our terms of service.

© LocalHandymanUSA.com

Call Now Button(877) 959-3534